If you would like to know more about ancient Egypt, there are a number of formal and informal courses in the North West across the year, several taught by MAES members. You can find details of some of them here:
Wilmslow Guild Residential Weekend: The Amarna Age
Saturday 16th- Sunday 17th November 2019
Tutor Michael Tunnicliffe presents a study of the Amarna period of Akhenaten and Nefertiti including study of the Amarna Letters
Venue: Palace Hotel Buxton (full board included in price).
Click here for further details or call 01625 523 923
Egyptology Online at the University of Manchester
You can study a range of accredited and non-accredited online courses at the University of Manchester, including:
- The Certificate in Egyptology (accredited, 3 year part time)
- The Diploma in Egyptology (a 2 year extension to the Certificate course, accredited)
- A choice of 6 week non-accredited courses including “Queens of Ancient Egypt”, “Gods and Goddess of Ancient Egypt” and “Tutankhamen”
- Three short courses on hieroglyphs from beginners to advanced
- A range of free online taster courses including “Blue”, “Yellow”, and “Ancient Egypt: a History in Six Objects”
For more details click here to visit the website.
Masters Courses at the University of Manchester
There are two online Masters courses beginning autumn 2019.
MA Egyptology: in-depth study of specific aspects of ancient Egyptian society and culture. Click here for details.
Click here to download the Egyptology Online courses flyer.
MSc Biomedical Egyptology: using the latest biomedical techniques to explore ancient Egypt. Click here for details.
The Manchester Continuing Education Network runs a wide range of face-to-face courses and study days, including Egyptology and the Ancient World. Most are held at the Cross Street Chapel in the centre of Manchester.
For more details click here to visit the MANCENT website.